There’s a thing called ‘scratch build’ where you basically use packaging and second hand items to create a model object. I thought I’d give it a go on a furby, given the sheer amount of furbies I have lurking around the house.
I had been collecting containers and packaging for a while and I had no clear goal in mind. It kind of started coming together and I realised I was making some sort of conveyance. Then I was all, “Hey….I like trams….” And that informed the direction I went after that.
I decided to go with the tram colours from back when I was a tram conductor on the 67 route. I happen to have one of the original sample boards for the livery paint and so I tried to match that with the paint I had as much as possible.
I needed to paint a logo on it, but the met ‘flying asshole’ seemed a lot of work. Then, while collecting more reference material to look through (why yes I have all the tram books), I found the bow-tie logo, which is also the logo from my time in the Met. So i used that!
I did a highlight wash and dry brushed to bring out the highlights, and VOILA! Tram furby!